Sunday, April 1, 2007

Cake For Supper and Dirt For Dessert

Today was a very fun day, despite the fact that Chris and the boys unplugged the garage door openers so I couldn't get in the house. It especially seemed mean when NONE of the jokes we try to pull on him never work. It stinks. I feel like I am depriving my children of one of my best childhood memories, the year we really pulled one over on my dad. It was so fun! Oh well, there's always next year.



This year I concentrated on dinner for our Family Nite ministry at church. I made meatloaf "cakes" (which didn't taste as good as they looked, and the didn't look that good either) and Flower Pot Mud Pie ( which turned out really good). Because the dessert looked just like a centerpiece, it took a while for the kids to actually eat it. But when they did, they scraped the pot clean.



Meatloaf "cakes" with potato "frosting"

Flower pot mud pie

2 comments:

CJ Olson said...

Ummm....yummy that looks really yummy! :-) Want to send some over our way (that way I don't have to do it all!) Sounds like fun!!

Paula Vince said...

Those meatloafs certainly looked good! I'll have to take your word for it that they didn't taste as great as they look. But I'm intrigued by the Flower Pot Mud Pie. It looks and sounds really fantastic. I hope you'll post the recipe for us one day!
If I don't catch up beforehand, I wish you all a very happy and blessed Easter,
Paula