Friday, May 4, 2007

Hey! Who Moved The Table?

I never blog twice in one day but....


The boys and I returned from our co-op ice cream party to find that our kitchen table had been moved into the corner of the dining room. Now I knew we hadn't left it there, but I also knew that Chris had meetings all day and hadn't been home either. It took me a second (because the boys did such a great job at keeping a straight face) to notice that I got a new stove!!!


Chris bought me a new stove for my birthday/Mother's Day and brought it in while I was gone to surprise me! Needless to say, I was very surprised and REALLY EXCITED!!! Our old stove was a almond colored (the only non-white appliance in our kitchen) stove with no window, not self-cleaning, only one large burner, and ran consistently 50-75 degrees too hot in the oven. I can't wait to make supper!


I am including a before and after picture of the kitchen. For those of you who have seen our kitchen: yes, we took out the cabinet above the counter between the kitchen and the dining area. We love how much roomier and brighter it is now that it is gone. Now I just need to touch up the paint and it will look great!

2 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Congratulations on the new stove, it looks great! What a fun surprise for you, and I'm so impressed that Chris and the boys were able to keep the big secret!

CJ Olson said...

Oh my goodness what an AweSOME surprise. Did you have fun cooking?