Saturday, May 19, 2007

Just Will 'N' Me

This weekend the Leingangs split up. Andy, of course, was on his cruise. Chris and Zack went to a men's retreat. Will and I were left alone so we made the most of it! First we went out to supper at a Mexican food resturant in town that Will really likes and had a really yummy meal. Then we came home and played our favorite 2-player games that we hardly ever play because most of the time more than two people want to play a game around here. Oh, and we drank really good orange creme sodas while we played and ate peanuts, too.

After we put all the games away we watched a couple of episodes of Andy Griffith and ate chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with chocolate syrup on it.
Will didn't want to sleep in the basement by himself so I brought all my scrapbooking stuff upstairs to the dining room table (where it still is), put in "Music and Lyrics" and went to work. When I crawled into bed at 12:30am, I found Will sleeping on my bed. He didn't like being alone. So I covered him up with an extra blanket and slept soundly until the phone rang at 6:50.





My mom called to check in about picking up Andy's stuff on the way through town. They are now headed for Alberta, Canada for a few weeks. Unfortunately, no one was home when they came. But Chris and I both got to talk to him on the phone and hear about what a great time he had! Although we miss him, we are so thankful that he gets to do this! Will and I had to go to a Women's Retreat planning meeting this morning at a resturant down south (sorry Will) and then we went and spent the day with my friend Kate.





Kate and I had a great time! I brought my sewing machine and she helped me make a purse. I was inspired when Emily posted pictures of the adorable purse she made and insisted that it was really easy. I, on the other hand, needed lots of help with the "easy-to-sew" pattern because I do not know the language it is written in. Thankfully, Kate was a great teacher and I only had to take it apart once. I got one done and another started, and I can't wait to make more. When we got done, we out to to a great Thai resturant and had a great lunch.


It's even got a liner!



It was lots of fun and I got out of cooking three meals in a row!

5 comments:

call*me*kate said...

Wow! Just you and one child - isn't it nice to have one-on-one time like that? Except for when that child misses their sibs - we have that happen here. If it's just Carmen and me, after awhile she starts to get lonely for Alec (but never Chad!) I'm glad you had a good weekend. The purse is really cute - nicely done! The waterfall photos are beautiful. I think we'd love to go on that hike. I hope Andy has a great time. You'll have to post about his trip. Take care!

Kate

P.S. We love Andy Griffith, the kids think it's great that his last name is nearly ours (Griffith should always be plural!) My dad was born in North Carolina, like Andy was, and Andy reminds me so much of my dad. My dad and I used to watch Andy Griffith all the time when I was younger.

Theresa Rohrer said...

Cute Purse!
I keep my eyes open for some more handles for you.
T

CJ Olson said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! :-) Did you get alot of your scrap book done? I'm trying to get my scrapbook from John's seminary all written in and then that means that I'll be all finished with that scrapbook and then I can move on to a smaller one where I have to decide on some pictures.

Very lucky that you got to get out of cooks 3 meals!! It must have been nice.

Kristina said...

I want to know how to make the "latest project"...brown purse. So cute!!
-Kris

Kari, RN said...

Really cute purse!!