Monday, October 22, 2007

IKEA

After the boys' soccer game on Friday, I decided to take advantage of being so close to the new IKEA and finally go. Although I wasn't sure we were going to get there for a while. I should have gotten directions before we left. My dad came and picked up the boys and I got to spend the evening wandering the store with my mom and sister. It was a little cold and damp (not because of the weather, but becaause I dumped my cup of lingonberry juice in my lap at supper), but it was lots of fun! I love IKEA! It was really hard but I managed to escape the store with only 2 items. Their Christmas stuff was out and I found the perfect decoration for the dining room table...

While the girls were shopping the boys were helping grandpa with his new boat. This weekend's project was stripping off the woodgrain contact paper and a few other things as well. They had lots of fun and got a lot accomplished since they got to spend the night.


With the boys gone and Chris at the Men's Retreat, I was home alone. I didn't get much sleep but I got a lot of cleaning done. I checked out a digital audiobook from the library and listened to it while I cleaned. It was fun and I didn't have to feel guilty about ignoring everyone. :o)


It was a fun weekend, even with the quarterly business meeting at church! Now we'll see how long we can keep the house clean...

No comments: