Sunday, November 25, 2007

Joshua Daniel's Baptism

Today was a very special day for our church as well as our family. Our friends had their son baptized this morning and we were asked to be his godparents. It is such an honor and privilege to be a part of JD's spiritual growth and his walk in faith. Not only was it special as JD's godparents but also because it was our first baby to be baptized in our church!




As part of the service, Josh (JD's dad) wrote him a letter that he read aloud after the baptism and Susie (his mom) took Psalm 139 and paraphrased it especially for JD. Chris also invited all the kids in the congregation to sit in the front row so they could see. I love doing that because I always remember that as a kid I could never see when a baby was baptized and I always felt like I was left out.




It was a very special service and we pray that God would bless JD and his family as he becomes part of the family of God.



As you can see, poor JD was in need of a nap and was tired of the whole picture thing a LONG time ago. :o)


"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. " Matthew 28: 19-20a

"Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Mark 10:14b

2 comments:

Ekelund Fam said...

That is so cool that you were the godparents. I love seeing pics of your church too.

That is such a good idea to invite the kids up to the front. I am gonna suggest that to our pastor.

I saw the gun safety on the adventures of ZAW. So Wild at Heart? I need to get that one. :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Jim and Marilyn said...

This was beautiful! God's wisdom and blessings in your work there. So exciting to see the little ones brought to the Lord like this!