Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

While we're waiting for the boys to go to sleep so we can put out gifts, I thought I might as well blog...

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve. Chris and the boys did a little more work on the fort this morning while I worked on food for today.

All of my family came up here for Christmas Eve this year because we can't go south and do our Christmas Eve service at church. It was so much fun! We had a great time having everyone at our place.



Our niece Maggie was sick this past week and had to miss her preschool Christmas program. So she did a private show for us at the party. It was so cute that I had to share...



After our get-together my parents, grandma and sister came to our Christmas Eve service at church. We had 61 people there! We were hoping for 30. It was a beautiful simple service and it was a blessing to us as a family to have so many there to celebrate the birth of our Savior. And after church we came home and had crab cocktails with the crab my parents got on the coast earlier this month. It was really yummy, too!

We did our devotions, said our prayers, wrote our letter to Santa, put out the cocoa and cookies and sent everyone off to bed. Now we just wait for everyone to fall asleep and hope they don't get up too early in the morning. :0)

No comments: