Monday, January 21, 2008

Two Losses In One Day

First, as most of you know, the Packers lost to the Giants in yesterday's heartbreaking game. It is indeed a sad, sad day in Packerland. We are mourning the loss, but know that there is always next year. As soon as the game was over the phone rang as people called to give their condolances. But the whole game wasn't a total loss, we had friends over to watch the game with us and sorrow always likes company. Well, we had some company. Sonja is a good fellow Green Bay fan, but Dave was pulling for the Giants (and he's a Viking fan at heart). We still like him anyway. ;o)

My second loss of the day also happened during the game, but I didn't realize it until this afternoon. I was eating one of my really yummy dark chocolate almond clusters and felt like I broke my tooth. But I didn't feel any sharp edges and it didn't hurt too much so I didn't worry about it. Unfortunately, I touched it a while later and was afraid that something was definitely wrong.

A trip to the dentist this morning, and the look on his face, proved that I was right. My tooth broke in the back below the gum line. Because of an unnecessary root canal that was done twice in that tooth (that's a really LONG story) there was not enough of the tooth left to save. So now I am stuck with a pretty big hole in my smile. Well, I haven't been able to smile yet between my completely numb lip and the pain. :o)

On the bright side, God is faithful and good. While a bridge is VERY expensive, our dentist scheduled my appointment for Good Friday. Every Good Friday he does all his work for FREE! It is a blessing that we are truly thankful for. I am still waiting for the bright side of the Packer loss because I know that God can make everything good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry that you had to go through all that! But, what a neat way to prove that God really does work in ALL things! God bless! Emily D.

Ekelund Fam said...

What a blessing! God is The Great Provider. I hope your pain goes away!!

On the dull side, GB lost. On the bright side, you will be cheering for my team in the SuperBowl!

Kari, RN said...

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your tooth! What a blessing to find a dentist like that.

I'm sorry that you're sad about the Packers loss. As a Vikings fan, however, I'll just leave it at that and not say any more... :)

Bianca said...

My husband also had a hole in his smile before. It was nighttime and he was walking home from work when he suddenly hit a lamp post that he didn't see. He hit it face first, bruising his forehead and knocking off his front tooth.

We rushed him to the hospital, and as soon as he recovered, we sought an implant dentist. Las Vegas had the right dentist then, so we went there. As expected, he was told that he needed a dental implant. Las Vegas dentists did their best to restore his trademark smile, and in the end we got satisfied with the results.

Kevin Durant said...

what a tough day for you! I'm so sorry about both the loss of the Packers and the loss of your tooth. It's great to hear that you're keeping a positive outlook and that you're grateful for the free dental work on Good Friday. I hope your smile will be back to its full glory soon. Dental implants las vegas Let's hope next year the Packers will come back stronger and bring a smile back to your face as well. Sending positive vibes your way!