Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Dinner

Yesterday was our First Annual Valentine's Dinner. Our youth hosted a dinner for the church as a fundraiser. Thankfully, two of our youth leader's had done it before and she bought and prepped the food. Thanks, Susie! Josh made all of the placecards and Sonja let us borrow the beautiful decorations from their wedding. It looked really nice!

We had a really good time despite the fact that it was kind of crazy, there were TONS of dishes (thanks so much Dave!), the guys had to dress up, and the fact that we didn't eat until it was over. But it went well, the guests enjoyed themselves, and I learned a lot about what to do next year. If there is a next year... :o)


the guys looked so spiffy

Zack's table

Andy's table

Dave bent over the sink all night doing dishes! I am so grateful! (I hate dishes)

the kitchen was busy and crowded (even after it was over)

4 comments:

Theresa Rohrer said...

Good work guys! I looks like an amazing dinner. What did you serve?
T

call*me*kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
call*me*kate said...

Glad your evening went so well! Nicely done!

We could use a prayer for quick recovery, as we all have a cough/cold virus right now. It will be 3 weeks before everyone is well and I'm going nuts! Todd is still recovering well from his surgery, however, and will return to work the first week of March. Thanks for your prayers!

Kate

P.S. Just a reminder that I continue to keep you in prayer!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it went great! God bless! -emily d.