Saturday, March 22, 2008

Eggs! Eggs! Eggs!

Today was our official egg day. This morning we decorated our Easter eggs for tomorrow morning's egg hunt. I also made my traditional Jello eggs for Easter dinner. And tonight after everyone was in bed, I put together the egg bake for tomorrow's Easter breakfast at church.
Whew! That's a lot of eggs!

Here are some photo highlights of our "eggs- tra" special day...

Andy's favorite egg

Will's egg was too big for the wrapper

Zack's favorite

My favorite

Will's favorite

Chris' favorite

"The Best Of" plate

Jello eggs (one of our favorite Easter treats)

4 comments:

call*me*kate said...

I'm in a hurry tonight as I still have to hide plastic eggs around the house - therefore, I haven't seen your photos (slow, slow computer!) Anyway, I'm glad you had an "eggy" day. We dyed eggs too and, of course, I'm the one who spilled the green dye! I hope your Easter Sunday is a nice one. I thought we might attend your service but Todd is working tonight and will be sleeping through Easter. We'll do our Bible study focusing on Christ's resurrection. My daughter is not yet a believer, though she says she loves God and Jesus. Has the knowledge, but her heart is not ready. We pray (and pray!) In God's time.

I'm glad you made it to Fort Clatsop - sorry the weather was so rainy. I prayed for no rain but, oh well. We've driven through that area and were saddened by so many trees down. All the forested areas around here are so damaged. Where once were dense, dark forests are now thin, open spaces with sparse trees. It's still unbelievable. My mother-in-law told me tonight that someone up on Irving St. in Astoria had recorded a wind speed of 189 mph during that Dec. storm!

Hope your son is feeling better.

Happy Easter!
Praise the Lord for our Risen Savior!

Kate

call*me*kate said...

Make that our Risen Saviour!

It's a bummer that we can't edit our comments!
Kate

Kristina said...

I so want to be a Leingang! You guys are so creative and it looks like your family has so much fun together!!

CJ Olson said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun!! Wow!! You guys are creative!