Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The End of an Era

There hasn't been much going on around the Leingang household lately other than school, work, pink eye, confirmation, the stomach flu, speech path, piano, a cold, co-op, ... But today we received news that I thought warrented a post on our blog.

It's a sad day in Packer Nation. Brett Favre announced his retirement today. After 17 seasons it was time.


“I know I can still play, but it’s like I told my wife, I’m just tired mentally. I’m just tired,” Favre told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen in a voice mail message. (from an AP news story)


Football won't be the same anymore. But you can check out everything you could want to know about Brett at http://www.packersnews.com/favre/

1 comment:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Yes, it is sad news-- and he is really a hero and a good role model for kids! (All this coming from a die-hard Viking fan!)