Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's Good To Be Home

The Annual Convention meetings went well (at least the ones I made it to) and pretty quickly, too up until the forum on constitutional changes. But it is always good to see some passion at our convention. Chris' "sermon" (it wasn't really a sermon, but a application of the sermon the night before) went really well despite the computer crash. God is faithful and answered the prayers of His people offered on our behalf. PTL!

But of course the best part of the convention was seeing old friends and meeting new ones, and there is never enough time for that. The Ekelunds threw a BBQ party for the sem grads over the past few years and it was a great party! Thanks guys!



We enjoyed meals with friends, long talks, going to the cheap theatre in Fargo, seeing new babies and babies that are due soon, walks through town, tornadoes, fantastic praise music (it was like what I imagine it will be like in heaven)...


It was hard to say goodbye to all our friends but I was too tired from the lack of sleep to even cry. But I am still riding the "convention high" and am basking in the joy of all the wonderful friends God has blessed us with. I already can't wait until next year's convention!

Now we just have to finish the unpacking, the yard work, the laundry... :o)

5 comments:

Theresa Rohrer said...

Well it sounds like you guys had a great time! Now, go get all that laundry done while your still on your convention high. :)
T

call*me*kate said...

I'm so glad you had a good time and God kept you safe! And how great that your ginger remedy worked!

Goodness - all the babies! I love photos of men holding babies - it's like they really can't be tough and serious while holding something so precious and squirmy!

"Next Generation" is also my favorite of the Star Trek series. I grew up watching the old original but now it's just too weird to me.

It looks like we might have several sunny days this week - hooray! Have a good one!

Kate

Just us Junts said...

WELCOME HOME!!
I am glad you had a great time.
See ya around the first of July.
I have a barn with your name on it!!!

Paula Vince said...

Great to see what you've been doing. I enjoyed looking at your photos from your trip. Like your motor home. That tornado photo was fascinating too.
That computer crash sounds like it could've been a disaster but good to hear all went well.
Blessings,
Paula

Kari, RN said...

It looks like a great trip to MN! I wish I could've been around for it -it's always so fun to see people, worship together, and hear the latest LB news. I'm so glad you got to go!! Thanks for sharing the pictures.