Sunday, September 14, 2008

A "What Didn't We Do Weekend?"

This was a really crazy weekend! First we had the Annual Youth Group garage sale on Friday and Saturday. We had just the right amount of stuff and we sold almost everything! And all the money goes to our youth group for activities throughout the year. We even sold our ugly yellow couches! At the end we did a "buck a bag" deal and got rid of lots of stuff we didn't think we would. And to top it off, God blessed us with perfect weather!



On Saturday afternoon, we headed to the park to our friend Greg's Mongolian grill party. As usual, the food was fantastic! He and another guy and his son cooked for over 6 hours straight! Thanks Greg!


It was nice to have a good meal for going to work at the rest stop for the 8pm to 2am shift. We love working at the rest stop serving coffee, but 2am is WAY too late to be out on a Saturday night. Zack went out again tonight for the same shift to help out one of our elders with closing it down. I think we will all be sleeping in late tomorrow.

Today was just a nice routine Sunday. It's nice to have those sometimes. :o)

4 comments:

Theresa Rohrer said...

Is that a giant-dog-sleeping bag?!? Do wonder your yard sale did so well with such treasures!
T

call*me*kate said...

I'm glad the sale went so well. And yes, the weather has been so good we've actually gotten 1 ripe tomato out of our pots on the patio! Today, there are 3 more that should be ripe tomorrow if the weather holds.

We are painting the house a light yellow. Since we are (slowly) installing new windows, Todd is trimming them with wide wooden trim that will be painted black forest (a deep, dark green that looks mostly black to me but I'm not the designer in our home!) The garage door and front door will be tan and white. It all ties together well but we can't decide what do to with the house numbers. At this rate, the house might be done by summer 2009. I hope.

I wish I had your stamina. You amaze me! I think God gives pastor's wives extra energy because you need it!

Have a terrific week!
Kate

Danny and Mandy said...

I'm trying your recipe right now. It looks great, I'm sure it will taste great too. And, I'm sure Danny will love it. But. . . what food doesn't Danny love? :) Thanks for the great recipe!

Paula Vince said...

I'll say you had nice weather. I can tell from the photos. Glad you managed to sell such a lot of goods. And I hope you made the most of that relaxed Sunday.
Blessings,
Paula