Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Soccer Season




I will not be a soccer mom.

I will not be a soccer mom.

I will not be a soccer mom.

I will not be a ...

Hurry up boys, or we'll be late for practice!


Thankfully our co-op soccer class is pretty low key, but I am already feeling the pressure of the whole thing. With confirmation from 3:30 to 4:30 and Praise Team at 7, having soccer from 5-6 makes for a sort of crazy afternoon and a rather "shove it in your mouth as fast as you can" kind of supper. Today we also added a trip to Wal-Mart to buy new cleats for Zack between picking apples and confirmation. Ahhh!



But the boys love it, they have so much fun, have a great coach, so far the weather has been nice, and it is only 2 days a week (neither of which is a weekend), so I can deal with it for a couple of months. We'll see how I feel when the rain starts. LOL


learning positions


Andy is heading for the goal



For all of you moms who juggle numerous kids on numerous teams, my hat's off to you. I don't know how you do it and I am not sure I could. :o)

3 comments:

Marcoe said...

You can do it !! One year I had 5 of the 6 kids on diff teams. I prayed for strength and guidance as to which one needed me there the most and as it turned out God intervened and the schedules were so that I only had 3 times I couldn't be everywhere at once. Enjoy !!

call*me*kate said...

I don't have your stamina, that's for certain! May the Lord bless you with dry days when you have soccer practice. And may He keep your kids safe. I'm glad they are enjoying the game.

Your newly painted home looks really nice! I like the color. And the church certainly looks spiffy! A job well done, all around.

And here I was so proud just to primer three windows! What do I know?!!

I laughed at your comment about stacking the stools - were you speaking from experience? LOL

Take care,
Kate

Theresa Rohrer said...

Soccer is well worth it just to have some time outside. I hope the weather stays nice for you guys.
T