Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

As usual, Thanksgiving at my sister's house was lots of fun! Both our family and Greg's family comes, so there is never a shortage of people or good food. But this year, the piece de resistance was the turkey. The 40 pound beast took 10 days to thaw (including some time in Amy's bathtub, because it was too big for the sink), filled her entire oven, tasted really yummy, and will provide several families with turkey leftovers for days! You may be wondering where we got this gigantic bird. My brother and his wife raised it in their yard for about 6 months. They had a picture of him at Thanksgiving and hopefully I will post it soon. He really was a beautiful bird!


the 40 pound bird


eating dinner
But the best part of Thanksgiving was being with family and remembering all the things that God has blessed us with.


going through the Black Friday ads
(even though we weren't going shopping)

Zack and Ada

Will and Charlie playing the train game

Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. 1 Chronicles 16:8

1 comment:

CJ Olson said...

Oh no!! I think I'd have skipped Thanksgiving!! (For me it's bad enough that I have a deer (that's been skinned and hanging in our gargage for a couple weeks)!! I try to disassociate my food from the cute animals that they came from!! Happy Thanksgiving!!