Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun With Trailers

On Saturday, Chris and I went to JoAnn’s to pick out fabric to make new curtains and cushion covers for the trailer. We found some that we liked, had samples cut out and brought them home to see what we thought.

They were perfect! Not only were they just the right color but they were a little retro but not TOO retro. And to make them even MORE perfect they were all 50%-60% off. Even the clearance upholstery that we liked was 50% off the clearance price! I ended up saving more than I spent!

trailer fabric 01The stripe print is for the seat cushions at the dining room table and the leaf print is for the curtains in the kitchen/dining room area

trailer 09  trailer 10

They match the bright green floor, the gold stove and the amber glass fridge and cabinets

trailer fabric 04

I am hoping to be able to hang these cute little IKEA pots somewhere, too (they were only $1.99 for both!)

trailer fabric 02This orange is for the couch/bed and bunk mattresses. The pumpkin-colored print is for the curtains and throw pillows in the living room/bedroom area. I love that the curtain fabric not only looks great with both the carpet and the new upholstery but also kind of matches the curtain fabric in the kitchen/dining room!

trailer 07 

trailer fabric 03

This placemat (also from IKEA for 29 cents!) was the inspiration for the remodel project. It’s going to become the artwork on the wall just above the couch (see the blank wall space in the above picture)

Now, let the sewing begin!!! Does anybody know how to recover seat cushions???

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Carrie....I really want to buy the rose/pink/brown blankie/burp cloth set for my friend who just had a baby....can we set up a time for me to get it from you???

And those fabrics are soooo great for your trailer!I've always wanted a travel trailer just like that.

You must post pics when it all comes together!

The Erickson Family said...

Disregard my question on FB about the flooring. :o) I see now how the fabrics tie in! You are so great at this stuff! It will be fun to see the "after" photos!!!

McNew Family said...

WAY cool, Carrie! My Dad is a retired auto upholsterer. If you are interested, I'm sure he would love to meet with you and give you some pointers! He lives in V - he is going to the zoo with us tomorrow - I'll ask him when he is available.

Paula Vince said...

I love your fabric and all your other purchases too. They just cry out 'HOLIDAY'
Do you know, we're having a very cold winter and those summer pics look very appealing.
Blessings,
Paula

Kristina said...

Did you say that you AND Chris went to pick it out??? Really, I didn't know that there were husbands out there that would go to the fabric store with their wives!!! You are one blessed woman!