Sunday, October 11, 2009

Seventeen Years

Saturday Chris and I celebrated our 17th anniversary. As usual, I made him chocolate chip cookies (this year I gave him 17 cookies to make it more “special”).

anniversary gifts 02

Chris on the other hand gave me a whole pile of the perfect gifts. One of his love languages must be gifts because he is really good at it! And this year was no exception.

anniversary gifts 01

Not only were the gifts terrific but he bought brown polka-dot wrapping paper, also my favorite!!!

anniversary gifts 03

Perfect gift #1- a box of Aplets & Cotlets, my favorite candy

Perfect gift #2- a bundle of hot cocoa packets. I had wanted a mug of cocoa a few nights before but we were out, so he bought me some.

Perfect gift #3- a 1975 retro canning/freezing/drying book

Perfect gift #4- “The Backyard Homestead”. I love this book already. Now I just have to find out if we can have chickens…

Perfect gift #5- a pressure canner (coming soon from Amazon)

I feel like I am the luckiest girl around. And not just because my hubby gives great gifts but because he is a great gift that I am thankful for every day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both on the anniversary! In these times marriage is definately to be celebrated!

Love the cupcake thing, you have such a big heart!

Your boys have a band, that's very nice, good luck to them! It's so amazing using musical gifts in praise of Jesus!

Ekelund Fam said...

Happy Happy Anniversary you guys!