Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shuffling Stuff

This whole thing started a couple of weeks ago when I came to the realization that Chris needed a new office and we needed a guestroom more than the boys needed an entire room dedicated to toys. Chris has been relegated to the furnace room in the schoolroom as a home office since we lived here (I think I subconsciously did it to discourage him from working at home… LOL) and the boys have gotten to the age where they have really outgrown 90% of what was in that room.

 Playroom 02 Playroom 03Playroom 06Good-bye toy room!!! 

We’ve slowly gone through the toys, giving some to our nieces and nephews and friends. But today was the big push! And a lot of stuff got pushed today!

house shuffle 03it’s getting empty

house shuffle 02 

Some of the Legos stayed in the new office/guestroom

house shuffle 07

some went to Zack and Will’s room (which meant Will’s dresser got moved out of the closet and next to Sephira)

house shuffle 04

the movie prop toys went to Andy’s closet

house shuffle 01

then we moved in the new desk, my fabric shelf from the schoolroom and the file cabinet from the family room

house shuffle 09

house shuffle 10the fabric from the shelf in the schoolroom went into the craft closet, which is now very full!

house shuffle 08 

the school books that had been in the family room got moved into the schoolroom

house shuffle 06

and the Lego bin got moved into the space where the school book shelf had been

house shuffle 05

the little kids toys (for when we have company) got moved into the space where the file cabinet was

house shuffle 18

house shuffle 19Chris then moved the stuff from his old “office” into the new one

 house shuffle 11  that made room for Will to be able to do school in the furnace room

house shuffle 12

and cleared up my table again 

house shuffle 20

it also gave me room to store some stuff that had been on the shelves in the laundry room

house shuffle 21

so now we have more room for our laundry and hot tub supplies

house shuffle 14

and then cleared up space for all my canning supplies and empty jars from the kitchen

house shuffle 17

which gave me more space in my kitchen cupboard

house shuffle 15

house shuffle 16

and in my pantry for more food after I go grocery shopping

house shuffle 13

but it also meant the beach towels and swimsuits got relocated to the basement bathroom

I love all the changes and organization! I also love the huge pile of stuff to give away in the garage! But I am kinda sad to see the toy room go… It’s like the end of an era. :o( 

Now I just wait for the, “Where’s my _______???” LOL

3 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Wow, that was a TON of pushing around!! It's lucky you didn't move the beds or you wouldn't know where to sleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

If you give a mouse a cookie....Wow, I usually tackle one area at a time - doing a bunch at once that's intense! Great job!

Leanne said...

Holy cow, woman!!!

It looks fantastic! I'm going to have to come over for a tour....

And make bread, of course!

Wonderful!