Saturday, April 3, 2010

Egg Day 2010

Today was a very full and fun Egg Day!

egg day 01

It got off to a good start with Chris and I sleeping in to about 10:30! So I made a batch of fresh strawberry waffles with real whipped cream for brunch (which also meant I didn’t have to make lunch)!

egg day 02

Then I got the first two batches of Jello Eggs going while I boiled some eggs for decorating later…

 egg day 28

In order to ensure a plentiful Egg Day for next year, the boys and I filled the chicks’ food and ran to Del’s to buy some more grit for them. No pressure girls, but I am so looking forward to decorating brown eggs next year!!!

egg day 03egg day 04egg day 05egg day 06Gretel should lay already dyed Easter eggs

egg day 08    

we’re pretty sure that Otis won’t be around for next year’s Egg Day

Coloring eggs is our favorite Egg Day tradition! And this year none of them broke while boiling!!!

egg day 11egg day 09egg day 10 the easy way to decorate eggs

egg day 13 egg day 14

William tried a new method by rubbing the dye off the newspapers lining the dining room table

egg day 15

egg day 16

egg day 17some of our eggs had these lines already on ‘em after they were dyed???

egg day 18  

egg day 19

  Zack’s favorite

egg day 20egg day 21egg day 22Chris’ favorite

egg day 23   

egg day 24

Andy’s favorite

egg day 25

me and my favorite

Just before supper I baked my favorite lemon cake for Easter dinner tomorrow at my parents’ and a batch of M & M cookies just because I felt like M & M cookies… :o)

egg day 29egg day 30The guys played a game of Settlers (which really doesn’t have anything to do with Easter but is really fun) while eating jumbo jelly beans (which does make it Easter-y)!

egg day 26   I love Egg Day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your boys enjoying the simple things. I was the "bad momma" this year- we have eggs, but I didn't get them boiled. I'm sure the children will still enjoy dying them, even after the fact...