Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Van Full of Memories

My Grandma moved into a new apartment this month and so she is going through all of her things. She told me I could have anything I wanted.  Honestly, I couldn’t think of many things I would want but I figured I take home a few memento sort of things. She had some neat stuff! LOTS of REALLY NEAT stuff…

gdma stuff 01gdma stuff 02Going through all her things with my sisters was such a wonderful walk down memory lane. Some things we really needed. (No really, we did) LOL Some things were practical. But so many things had such fond memories of our grandparents, I just couldn’t let them go!!! 

gdma stuff 03the pile o stuff

gdma stuff 04 

he’s gonna look perfect hanging on the house

gdma stuff 05

I simply adore this old bucket!!!

gdma stuff 08

this great vintage box had a special bonus inside…

gdma stuff 07

cake toppers from my mom’s cakes when she was little

gdma stuff 10

Grandma always served rolls in this (it didn’t even have to be a special occasion)

gdma stuff 11

we ate fruit out of these little bowls every morning for breakfast when we spent the night

gdma stuff 12

Grandma carried this little mirror in her purse for as long as I can remember (now I’m gonna carry it in my purse)

gdma stuff 13

Grandma taught both me and my boys how to play poker using this

gdma stuff 14

I used this towel every summer! After splashing in the pool when I was 7 and for sunbathing in their yard when I was 17!

gdma stuff 15

I brought home one of Grandpa’s steins for each of my guys

gdma stuff 16I didn’t even know she had all these state souvenir plates! I took 4 of my favorites!

It was kinda like a garage sale, only everything is special!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so special! You are lucky to still have a Grandma- (secrets)I learned to play poker from my step grandfather, her 2nd husband (also passed). Such special memories.

McNew Family said...

Very cool, Carrie! She actually decided to MOVE????? Good for her!

Theresa Rohrer said...

I'm so glad you took that poker board. I thought about it, but then I though, no this would look so awesome hanging in Carrie's basement. I guess you though so too...
Now I've got to get my day started.
T