Monday, May 31, 2010

Harrison/Bernard Invitational Cook-Off

Every year the Bernards and Harrisons have a cook-off on Memorial Day. This year’s theme was poultry and we were invited! Yay! Andy asked if I wanted to enter and bring something, but I knew with the busy week I really couldn’t. So I said I’d bring a side dish and decided to do a strawberry spinach salad about an hour and a half before going. I quickly threw one together, made some lemonade in the cooler and headed out the door.

There were TONS of different poultry dishes to choose from and Andy’s smoked turkey was especially delicious, both plain and on the flat bread pizza (which by the way, was the best dish there)!

cook off 01 cook off 02cook off 03cook off 07Andy’s fantastic smoked turkey flat bread pizza

   cook off 08

cook off 10

cook off 11

cook off 04

cook off 06

cook off 05

cook off 09

Andy, the chef

 

But after all the ballots were cast, there was one entry that was mentioned almost every time: my strawberry spinach salad! LOL  So I was graciously declared the unofficial winner and even given the prize: a fully-equipped, self-contained BBQ apron! Andy also gave me the Betty Crocker Cooky Book that my mom had when I was a kid! I can’t wait to start making cookies out of it!

cook off 13

cook off 12cook off 14cook off 15this was my favorite page when I was a kid 

It was a lot of fun, even if I hadn’t won! I wonder what I’ll bring next year??? :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Apron! The spread looks tasty- Seems like you guys are always getting out and having a good time fellowshipping! See you at the end of the month!!!