Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Uber Wal Mart

Well, I feel like I have hit a new low… I’m blogging about our trip to Wal Mart.

The new Wal Mart in town opened today and while we were not part of the eager masses to be in the crowded parking lot before the store even opened, we did want to go on opening day. So we bided our time and waited until 9:45pm to head out to the used-to-be-a-run-down-trailer-park-turned-Wal Mart and check it out.

The first thing you notice is that it is BIG! The store is big, the aisles are big (Yes, you can have more than one cart in it at a time!)

Walmart 02 See I can’t touch the sides of the aisle!

Walmart 08

They even have big jars of mayonnaise and pickles!

Next I noticed that everything seems to be very color coordinated. (Notice the display behind me in the picture above.)

Walmart 03The Christmas aisle.

Walmart 04 

The all-blue Seahawks aisle.

Walmart 06The lavender Christmas tree. Not color coordinated, but what’s up with that???

Walmart 11 

And apparently everything at Wal Mart must be the signature bright blue. Even the Redbox is blue!

Walmart 10

I found it amusing that in less than 24 hours, the blue vending machine is already out of order. :o)

Lastly we noticed that everything is just nicer and newer and fancier at the new Supercenter.

Walmart 05The outdoor garden section is nicer and warmer!

Walmart 07 

The end caps have little televisions with ads playing on them to entice you to buy the stuff on the end cap.

Walmart 09

There’s a real bakery with VERY fresh French bread!

There’s a whole lot more to see at the new Super Wal Mart, but I didn’t want to ruin it for all of you locals who haven’t been yet (and my kids were super embarrassed by their mom taking pictures like a tourist on the bus tour).

Now I can’t wait until the Wal Mart down the hill becomes a Supercenter next year!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Went at 1pm and it was packed! One thing I noticed that was odd to me was that they didn't have much variety of food choices but they had ALOT of each thing they did have.. Did you notice that too?

Lori Hauswald

Anonymous said...

Wal Mart had grand openings at two new stores yesterday then, WOW! S friend of ours is working at a new supercenter at Smokey Point in Arlington, yesterday it opened up, too.

We have an {now old, is 12 years really old?} near to us that I cannot stand to go in!!! I do like the supercenters though, because they are so nice a roomy. It would be nice to have one close to us too.

Glad you had a good time!!

Celina said...

Wow! Looks like the new Super Walmart is pretty neat! Jason and I will have to go sometime! He will really enjoy the BLUE SEAHAWKS STUFF!

Kari, RN said...

I love that you posted about a trip to Wal-Mart! :)

And I would totally notice and also love the color-coordinated aisles!