Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Above & Beyond

We are currently in the midst of week 2 of my holiday “Spring Cleaning”. In reality, it’s the first time I’ve done really heavy duty cleaning since… Well, I can’t remember when???

Today’s room was the downstairs hallway, closet and bathroom. Ok, I know that’s 3 rooms…

The furnace intake vent was looking kinda icky so I figured maybe I’d take it off the wall and really clean it. Poor Will was the only boy in the house, so I asked him to run and fetch me the screwdriver. He came back and even volunteered to take it off for me. Using tools seems to be a natural attraction for boys…

cleaning 09 While in the process of removing the screws we pondered just how long it might have been since they were cleaned. After we removed it, we got our answer…

cleaning 01cleaning 02NEVER!!! Or at least not since this wasn’t on the walls…

cleaning 08This was so covered in dust we weren’t even sure what it was at first…

   Unbelievably Will was not deterred by the 1” layer of dust and immediately volunteered to tackle it with the shop vac!

cleaning 03And he did not take this job lightly but threw himself into it completely!

cleaning 04cleaning 05   LITERALLY!!!

cleaning 06I think he just enjoyed exploring the ductwork!

Then to top it off, he volunteered to do the one at the top of the stairs, too!

cleaning 10cleaning 07It wasn’t any better…

Needless to say, I am pretty darn proud of my youngest son! Especially when he said, “That was actually pretty fun!!!” That’s my boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gross!!! My boys would have dove right in also- handy having boys around!! Love your OCC boxes too, we are doing Angel Tree this year.