Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sun & Snow

What’s better than waking up to snow? Waking up to snow and sunny clear skies and crisp cold temps!!! This morning the thermometer read 18 when I went out! Now, this is how winter should be!

sun snow 01 Not much new snow overnight…

sun snow 02

But the Lego guy is impressed!!!

The problem is that snow + really cold = ice! Our steps, our driveway and our street were all a sheet of ice for most of the day. So it meant another day at home… Yay!!!

sun snow 09sun snow 11sun snow 10I hadn’t realized that all this ice would be an issue for the girls until I walked out to their coop… After thawing out their water and their door they slowly ventured out but not where the snow was deep. Their light seems to keep them warm and happy, but it’s not enough to keep the eggs from freezing. Zack collected 5 frozen eggs this evening. One had broken and was an afternoon snack for the girls… So including the one this morning, it made for a second 6 egg day in a row!!!

sun snow 06Our farm looks so much better in the snow!

sun snow 05    

sun snow 08sun snow 07

Well, I don’t think the herbs like the snow so much… :o)

The sunlight reflecting off the snow made the house so bright that I didn’t even turn the lights on upstairs for most of the day!

sun snow 03sun snow 04

And while I was baking I could watch the shadow of our cozy fire (ok, just the smoke) in the snow below…

sun snow 12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! Love the "smoke" shot that was very clever, I hope your girls don't decide to dip in the eggs, I've heard that once they get a taste for it, they'll continue eating them... Happy Thanksgiving! Our Tday Eve service has been cancelled this year due to the weather.