Friday, December 3, 2010

Sister Day With The Boys

Yesterday was our first Sister Day since September. Since we came down to have pictures taken with all the cousins, we crammed in as much as possible…

As usual, the pics are an odd conglomeration of things as I often get so caught up in what we are doing that I forget I have the camera along.

First we headed out to the west side to Washington Square so Zack could go to the Apple Store. Amy and Theresa met us there. I’d never been to Washington Square before so it just the sort of new adventure I like for Sister Day even if the boys were there… There are some fun (and rather spendy) shops that made window shopping without spending pretty easy.

Pottery Barn for Kids is one of my favorite mall stores! I like it even better than the grown-up Pottery Barn! I always get TONS of great ideas while I’m there. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics of most of them… :o)

Sister Day 04 Sister Day 01 Sister Day 02 Sister Day 03 I just loved this little vintage-style pink kitchen set! It’s almost as cute as the one my dad made…

My other favorite store is the Lego store! I suppose that the boys (especially Will) is rubbing off on me. We spent quite a bit of time there looking at all the sets and models while Charlie played with Theresa at the building table and Will filled his cup at the pick-a-brick wall. There are SO MANY to choose from…

Sister Day 05Sister Day 07 Will and Andy worked so hard to make the most efficient use of space in the cup so that the lid would still go on. When Will took it up to the cashier to pay, he told Will he could fill it an inch over the top and they would just tape the lid on for us! Bonus!!!! I have to say that I was super impressed by the customer service there and heard other moms in the store say the same thing…

After Amy and the kids headed home for naps in preparation for pictures in the evening; Theresa, the boys and I wandered around a bit more.

Then we hopped over to Theresa’s place to see her whimsical and very retro Christmas decorations and meet Grandma. I have to admit that I am always a bit envious when I go to Theresa’s apartment… Check out this link to her blog and you’ll know why!

Sister Day 08

From there we parted ways with the boys so that they could go picture-clothes shopping with Grandma and we headed to a cute little cafe for some lunch. As always, Theresa picked the perfect stop for lunch! It was nearly impossible to choose which delectable sounding menu item to have, but we finally settled on what I am sure was the best dish there: French toast with hazelnuts and coconut topped with fresh sliced bananas and honey-rum syrup, pepper bacon and eggs! We spent a good portion of our lunch conversation figuring out a plan of how to make it at home… Oh, and making plans for fun craft projects!

Sister Day 09I forgot to take a picture of our meal, but did remember (thanks to Theresa) to take a picture of this motorcycle that I fell in love with while walking back to the car! I especially love the metal boxes in the back!!!

Then we made a couple of stops at a sweet little gift shop by the cafe and then swung over to Deco to Disco and Sputnik Housewares. Unfortunately it was not nearly as easy to resist the temptation to buy things there as it was at the mall! :o)

Pictures with the cousins went WAY better than it did at Easter time!

easter portland 05Easter pic 

Looking forward to seeing how they turned out!

After pictures we did a bit of Christmas shopping for Chris and then went to have pizza at my parents’ and just enjoy chatting with everyone!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

I am so glad that Zack drove home! I was too tired…

No comments: