Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sister Day Sleepover

After the birthday party for Chris and Grandma, I decided to stay the night and spend the day in Portland. Save gas and have an entire day with my sisters!!!

In order to eek every last bit of fun out of the day, I went to Theresa’s place for a Coal House sleepover! We stayed up late watching Coal House at War on YouTube. I think I like it even better than 1940’s house! The families are so cute and I love that there is NO WHINING!!! We then had an English breakfast in the morning, complete with Theresa’s homemade sauerkraut. Yum!!!

Sister Day 01 Sister Day 02Then Amy and Maggie joined us for an afternoon of shopping at Limbo’s wall of herbs, Cool Cottons quilt store, Edelweiss German Deli and Monticello antique mall. So many fun things to see!

But the fun wasn’t over yet… On Saturday our pig was delivered to Frank & Amy’s place. I wanted to see him before he got too big and wasn’t cute anymore (and before we ate him)! :o) We named him Chester, despite repeated warnings not to name our food. Unfortunately, Chester and Bacon (Frank & Amy’s pig) were not nearly as excited about meeting us as we were of meeting them…

Sister Day 04Sister Day 05Chester is the one in front with the darker spot on top of his head. He’s not as cute as Bacon, but I’m sure he’ll be just as delicious! :o)

Amy, Theresa, Maggie, Charlie, Ada and I also made a quick stop on the way at Mike’s. The kids were on their best behavior (you’d hate to make Mike mad) and we all came out with one new treasure!

Sister Day 03After a long, hard day and an entire discussion of the infamous Rohrer sweet tooth and pie, we decided to pick up a cherry pie for dessert! Coffee and cherry pie was the perfect ending of a very fun day!

No comments: