Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Way Back Family Flashback- 1976-77

My mom loaned Will one of her old photo albums from when I was only 4 years old. The pictures were so much fun that I just had to scan some to share. This brought back some really old memories!

01 Helping my dad blow out his candles. July 1976

02

Playing Candyland and Uncle Wiggly with our Grandpa Ide. Summer 1976.

03

This totally explains why I want goats so badly! I loved them even when I was a kid! Victoria, BC  Summer 1976

04

Riding on a log with my dad and Uncle Rick on Scout Lake. Summer 1976

06

Summer birthday party. 1976 Celebrating Gerhard, Mom, Dad, Grandpa & Grandma Rohrer, Uncle Roddy and Uncle Rick.

07

09Amy and I and our new kitten Amanda. She lived longer than any cat we had and had TONS of kittens in the barn!

08 

Gerhard came to visit Oregon in the summer of 1976

10

This is our new dog Rufus. We didn’t have Rufus very long. I don’t remember him very well but I do remember that he drug that wheel around the yard, destroyed my mother’s plastic sunflower whirlygigs and ate our little arborvitae plants. I also remember that when we got rid of him we gave the family the dog house, too. We didn’t have another dog for a long time after that… :o)

11

Me & Amy sitting in the back of Grandpa Ide’s truck after woodcutting. Summer 1976

12

Woodcutting with Uncle Rick in the fall of 1976. We did a lot of woodcutting growing up! Maybe that’s why I still love it so much?

14

Carving pumpkins with Dad. Halloween 1976

13

No Amy! Don’t lick it! LOL

25

The Easter Bunny & a gypsy getting ready to go trick or treating. Halloween 1976

24

Trick or Treating at Grandma Rohrer’s house. She always went all out on Halloween!

26

Grandpa & Grandma Ide came trick 0r treating to our house. Halloween 1976

27

Celebrating Chad’s first birthday with all the cousins. November 1976

22

Amy and I in our new Christmas dresses. It’s so weird to see my old bedroom and all the stuff I loved so much! I still have my dad’s old stuffed puppy (in the highchair)…

21

I was a bell in the Christmas program. Christmas 1976

20

Amy wanted to try the gingerbread man costume. She just wasn’t quite tall enough…

23

That Christmas Amy and I got matching knitted Ernie vests with Sesame Street corduroy pants! I remember wearing those vests…

19

I was a flower girl in my Uncle Dennis & Aunt Nancy’s wedding in March 1977. My mom and I had matching yellow daisy print dresses.

17

15

Being in a wedding inspired Amy and I to play wedding quite a lot! (I love the daisies in Amy’s hair) :o)

18

Helping build the scarecrow for our garden. Spring 1977

16

Playing in the sprinkler. The place has changed so much since then! I remember having SO MUCH GRASS and SO MUCH SPACE! Except that we mostly played in the play area in the pea gravel or on the swingset… Man that metal slide got HOT in the summer! :o) (See there’s our scarecrow in the garden!)

2 comments:

Ekelund Fam said...

It is so fun to see old pictures. Thanks for sharing Carrie!

Leanne said...

Loved seeing those pictures!

You were such a super cute gal, and you had such a fantastic smile! You still are cute and your smile lights up a room!!

Thanks for sharing those pictures.