Saturday, February 1, 2014

Will Is 17

Our “only child” turned 17 yesterday… We told William he had better enjoy his last year of freedom and childhood. And we’d better enjoy our last year of having “children”, too! ;o)

Zack and Andy came home for the weekend to celebrate and to kick it all off the boys went to the youth group’s Minecraft/Artemis party at the church. No one has a fun themed birthday party anymore but I just had to have some fun Minecraft treats for the kids.

Will bday 01This year I bought Will the perfect gift while we are at Tom and Laura’s wedding at Rusty Con. It was torture to have to wait two weeks to give it to him and then I had to wait until the boys got home from the party… I felt like a four-year-old waiting for Christmas.

But it was worth the wait… He LOVED it!

Will bday 02Will bday 03Will bday 04It’s not the full suit of armor that he’s dreamed of but it’s a start…

He loved it so much (you can tell from the smile even through all that chainmail) that he wore it the rest of the night until he went to bed. He’s even talking about wearing it to school every day! LOL

Will bday 05Will bday 06Will bday 07    Will bday 09As you can see, it was the year of books and chainmail. He also got a few things for taking pictures.

To celebrate as a family, we also all went down to Portland to have dinner at the Rheinlander. YUM! Good choice, Will!

Happy Birthday, William! You're 17 today, so you'd better start enjoying your last year of being our only child and milk it for all its worth. Not that it's hard when you're the perfect one... ;o) I wish I could take you to an abandoned warehouse or a autopsy for your birthday, but since I can't I hope you have a fantastic day just the same! I love you, and not just because you agreed to watch Lost with me. Love ya! ~ Mom     

No comments: