Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Closing Program

We hurried back to IEM to get showered and ready for the closing program. Unfortunately, there was still no water. Thankfully, in 85 degrees and 90% humidity, my hair looked pretty much the same whether I had showered or not… ;o)  I was also thankful that I had some powder so I could get my new outfit on. LOL  While I felt like a sausage stuffed into it, the girls all told me I looked beautiful and one little girl told me I looked “perfect”! :o)

All the kids from the Bible College and the Children’s Home had chosen different songs to sing, dances to do or skits to perform for us before we went back to America. It was so much fun!

closing program 02 Varghese did the introduction

closing program 03

Angelique singing a song in Hindi

closing program 04

setting up the “victim” for the headhunters

closing program 05

Nagaland headhunter dance

closing program 06

traditional dance

closing program 07

Reji’s son sang a solo

closing program 08

dancers and singers

closing program 10 closing program 09

a fun song with motions

closing program 11

some of the little girls did a traditional dance

closing program 12

closing program 13girls dancing to Bringing in the Sheaves

closing program 15 

Nagaland girls’ choir in traditional dress

closing program 18 closing program 16 closing program 17 

a skit about a pilgrim who was trying to find Baby Jesus

closing program 19

Babu and Shirley’s son sang a solo

closing program 20

skit written by the boys

closing program 22 

Bible College students

closing program 23

young man who used to live in Children’s Home preached

closing program 24

hilarious closing skit by some Bible College students

closing program 25

Like everything in India, the program went on for 3 hours and no one had eaten! Then they still wanted us to come up and talk about our time there… We tried to be as brief as possible!

closing program 26closing program 01What a blessing to have all of that hard work and time just for us! 

No comments: