Thursday, September 18, 2014

Not Just Car Sick

We slept great until 5am when the Muslim call to prayer blared on the loud speaker. But on a brighter note, Chris got a very short but hot shower! I, on the other hand, woke up feeling so awful I didn’t even want a shower. I took every remedy in my bag, skipped breakfast ( Rick and Chris were the only ones who ate breakfast ) and had everyone worried and praying for me. It was very sweet!

idukki 59

The last clinic, at a small church in Chemmannar wasn’t too far away. I slept nearly the entire way and felt fine by the time we got started. God answered our prayers!

map of kattappana

Before we went to the church, we stopped by at the pastor’s house for chai and snacks. This is an overview of history drawn by the pastor…

 idukki 68It was a very long, windy, trip back to Mavelikara! It was made worse by the fact that GV got quite sick and we had to make quite a few stops. We were thankful that the weather was dry and we made good time getting back! We were also thankful that no one else got sick!

idukki 69idukki 70  idukki 71idukki 73 idukki 72

idukki 74

more tea plantations

idukki 77 idukki 75 idukki 76It was a long drive, but I loved getting to see and explore new places and things; meeting new people, and seeing what God had for us to do! I also loved sleeping in our “own” bed again… I kinda missed the super-fast ceiling fan and lacy floral mosquito net. ;o)

map of idukki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankful you didn't get car sick as well. PTL