Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hiking in Hawaii

Woke up our first morning and did what I do every morning: go for a walk around the neighborhood. And what a beautiful morning for a walk!

day 1 05

the view from the front porch

day 1 07

  these flowers were so pretty but I’m sure I wouldn’t think so if they were all over my cars and driveway… :)

day 1 06Chris and I loved how the sidewalk went right around the tree! 

The Osbornes love to hike! We love to hike! So hiking seemed like just the way to spend a Saturday in Hawaii. And Karen knew just the spot…

The trailhead was right on the side of a major road right across the street from the Byodo-In temple. We crossed the guardrail and walked up to the “trailhead” hidden in the brush behind an apartment complex. It was only about a half a mile and only took about a half an hour. I knew it was going to get even steeper when Karen said, “When you reach the rope, you’re almost at the top.”

Even on the way up the views were very nice!

hike 01hike 02hike 03

hike 04hike 05hike 06hike 07

This sign was at the end of the final climb. I was really thankful for the rope!

hike 08

There was also this WWII bunker up there. There are bunkers everywhere in Hawaii!

hike 09

But I have to say that the view from the top did not disappoint!

more hike 02 more hike 01the sand bars had lots of people and several boats on it

more hike 05 

more hike 06more hike 07we weren’t the only ones who made the trek to the top


Thanks to the guy from the neighborhood who took pics of the 4 of us!

more hike 04 more hike 03I was even more thankful for the rope going down! I do fairly well uphill but I HATE the downhill!!!  

No comments: