Friday, March 20, 2015

Our Very Last Day – Part 2

last day34

last day35

I want trees like this in my backyard! I guess I would have to move Hawaii, but I could live with that… ;o)

last day36

I would want my backyard to look just like this…

last day37

Chris liked this tree because he could sit in the sun and I could fan him with the branches. I think he delusional from dehydration… LOL

last day38

this must have been a really big tree!

last day39

last day40

We went to the game arena to play some traditional Hawaiian games. Shockingly, I was pretty good at it!

last day41 last day42didn’t try this one…

last day43 

I was good at tossing a disc between the sticks though!

last day44

last day45

last day46last day47last day48last day49last day50crossing the bridge meant we were getting close to the falls

last day51     

bananas!

last day52

last day53last day54last day55

these would make great fans, too, but maybe a bit unwieldy…

last day56

last day57that is some tall bamboo!

last day58 

we made it to the falls!

last day59

last day60they were a whole lot bigger and muddier than when Sawyer and Kate swam there!

Even though there was no swimming that day, they still had a lifeguard there to keep people out. They also have a mandatory life-jacket rule so that people swimming there will keep their heads out of the water. There is so bacteria that washed downstream and makes you sick. I don’t know if I would have gone swimming even if I could. They don’t make it sound appealing on their warning sign… Blech!

last day61 

last day62

last day63

I love that even the animals are colorful in Hawaii!

last day67 last day64 last day65 last day66

last day68last day69last day70last day72 last day71

last day74 last day73last day76 last day75

last day77This ivy-like plant was amazing and covered with these pretty yellow flowers!

last day78 

last day79last day80last day81last day82last day83last day84last day85a smaller version of giant lillypads

last day86       

more chickens

last day87

he must be the mascot for the Proud Peacock Restaurant

I was so glad we took the time to see Waimea Valley before we left!

All that hiking made us famished! So we stopped in Haliewa again and shared a garlic shrimp for a late lunch. Mmmmm!!!

No comments: