Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Black Mountain & Montreat College

 When your hubby is busy all day with meetings and such, you can drive into town and do some exploring after worship service.

First stop was to walk around Tomahawk Lake in Black Mountain. Well, I guess it was the second stop. I needed to walk off the caramels I ate while wandering the shops in town... ;)
I had some more time to kill and was hoping to see the Chapel of the Prodigal on the campus of Montreat College, only a few miles out of town.

It was closed... :(

But the rest of the campus was very pretty and I enjoyed poking around a bit...



It was founded in 1916 as a Normal School and then became a co-ed college in 1959.

My favorite part was watching some little kids feeding the fish in the lake. You could tell they'd been fed before... :)


That evening after supper, we went back to Asheville to try a second brewery. And we went back to French Broad Chocolates, too... LOL

No comments: