Thursday, September 20, 2018

Jordan Day 12/17: Last Night

We stopped for lunch at a restaurant where they made their bread right outside in a clay oven and serve it hot and fresh. YUM!

There was also a momma camel and her baby just right there next to the parking lot. I never got used to just seeing random camels everywhere...



Jerash was about 30 miles from Amman...







We drove by a Safeway store on the way back to the hotel. It was close enough that I knew I had to go. So we met up with Matt and Ashley and headed out...



When we got there the doors were chained shut. I was so disappointed until a security guard inside motioned for us to go around...


Grocery stores, as you probably know, are my very favorite place to buy souvenirs and see what real life is really like where we are. This was so exception. It was a giant department store, two stories, much like our Fred Meyer's stores. I don't always take pictures, but this time I just couldn't help myself. It was so beautiful... :)

the produce section looked just like our Safeway

they really like mayo!

and Nutella

and cup o noodles

and Kit Kats


bulk spices and honey



interesting drinks

boxed milk

sheep yogurt

canned lunch meat


and a gorgeous cake case

We bought a few drinks, some water, and this Lion candy bar. My curiosity was piqued...


Played a quick game of UNO with Matt and Ashley in the lobby. Joined the group for drinks before dinner. And took a shot of the "gang" before we all went our separate ways...


Matt, Melissa, Ashley, me & Chris

We left early in the morning to catch our flight back to the States...

waiting in the first of many lines

It was an uneventful flight home. Andy picked us up at the airport and we went to eat a hamburger. Apparently it is a tradition... :) 



No comments: