Thursday, October 21, 2021

Southern Utah - Day Four Part 2

 And we thought the view from the rim was good! Hiking down inside on Queen's Garden and Navajo Loop trail was a constant "WOW"! Not much to add but as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." And I couldn't say it any better...




























Queen Victoria in her Garden



We got our picture taken with the Queen 😉






















😍😲 It was totally worth the muddy mess on our boots at the end! 😁😬


I have to say that I'm glad the mud was sticky rather than slippery...

I'm going to say that we went the correct direction on this loop, beginning at Queen's Garden and ending at Wall Street on the Navajo Loop. It was mostly downhill all the way until the end. Much better than starting at Wall Street!


I also threw in a few pics of our stop at Mossy Cave on the way out. But I'm not posting any pictures of the cave because it's pretty lame when it's not winter and covered in giant icicles! But the waterfall was very nice... 😊





Here's what I learned about my research about the falls... "Due to the presence of an irrigation ditch dug by local pioneers in the early 1890s, water flows seasonally through Water Canyon on its way from the Tropic Reservoir east of the park to communities in the Paria Valley."




These previous two shots we took while going "off-trail" a bit 😁




I think Bryce Canyon is the most spectacularly breathtaking place we've ever been! (and we've been to a LOT of very beautiful places and loved them all. 🥰)

No comments: