Saturday, October 12, 2024

Maui - Day Three

 Thursday was our quiet sleep in day. I love having my morning quiet time outside in the beauty of God's creation! And I got to experience all kinds of weather (sun, rain, wind, rainbows) and a couple of little birds flew in hoping I had some treats with my tea... :) 








After breakfast we wandered around the grounds and explored where we were staying... 






While we did have beach access, there really wasn't much beach. But we did see turtles swimming in the little bay... 



It was very nice and quiet having a corner unit with two decks!


Then we went to swim Ka'anaplai Beach. That's where all the fancy resorts are. And the fancy boats. And the parasailing. And the crowds...






And spinner dolphins!!! I went for a walk down the beach to explore while the other three kept swimming. They were right by this big sailboat but I just couldn't get a pic... :/ 





Before going snorkeling, we stopped to pick up some Spam musubi for lunch at the ABC... Yum!


Kapalua Bay was also packed! And the surf was kinda heavy and I struggled with snorkeling. Eventually I gave up but Chris, Zack and Tatum had some close up encounters with sea turtles! 






I did, however, get to see a lot of really cool fish and other sea creatures! 


Eventually, Chris got tired and he and I walked the 1.4 miles back to the room and had a swim in the pool. 

Then we all got cleaned up and ready for our fancy dinner at Star Noodle! What an incredible meal! Everything from the view, the service, the drinks and the food were amazing! We ordered so many things! It was hard not to order one of everything! It was a really fun evening!






On the way back, we stopped at the grocery store for more coffee pods and some ice cream for dessert! I was even able to get a delicious lilikoi macadamia nut one that was dairy free... :) 


No comments: