Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm Glad It Was Only A Field Trip


Yesterday we went on a field trip to an auto body shop. A family in our co-op owns the shop and let us all come in for a tour. We got to see all the fancy, expensive machines and how they work. They showed us how they pull out dents, replace parts, and re-paint cars to match. It was pretty cool! We learned all kinds of things we didn't know. For instance, I didn't know they pulled out dents. I guess I thought they pounded out dents from the other side with a rubber mallet or something. Shows what I know. We also learned how relatively minor $8,000 of damage is. That was kind of scary!


I am not sure if any of the boys want to go into auto body repair (Well, unless it was for Ferraris. Z is really into those right now.) but we had lots of fun!

2 comments:

Paula Vince said...

What a cool, cool field trip. It's obvious that the boys really enjoyed themselves and who knows where it might go from there.
We've been long intending to try to organise something similar for our eldest with my husband's mechanic, but haven't got around to it yet.
As for archery gear, we purchased bow & arrows that came with a stringer and finger tabs. The gloves sound as if they might be good but Logan finds that the finger tabs alone do the job well. We didn't purchase a target either but he practises aiming and pulling back the bow at night in front of the TV. The new one is heavier to manage than the ones he used to hire from the archery club so he needs to do this.
I might add that the whole kit bag was fairly expensive and set us back considerably, but it looks and sounds as if you're already well on the way.
Thanks for your comments on my blog and have a great week,
Paula

Jim and Marilyn said...

Such an exciting field trip for boys! (and moms of boys, too!) It's so fun to see the boys getting so tall. I'm sure that they are constantly comparing their height to their parents...