Monday, June 11, 2007

The Kitchen Is (Almost) Done


A little over two weeks ago, following the drain incident, I decided to finish doing all the little things I have wanted to do in the kitchen. One was to replace all the rubber molding along the floor and to paint the insides of all the cupboards.

To do that you first have to take everything out of the cupboards!



It's all out!


All clear


Then when everything is out you can start priming and painting. I never realized how deep the cupboards were until I had to climb in to get them painted. I had paint all over me at the end of the day. Everyone knew I was painting!


They are all primed and ready to...


paint!!!

After all the cupboards were done, everything went back in. Well, not everything. Some was added to the ever-increasing "yard sale pile".

Chris got all the trim up, I put everything back on the walls and where it belonged. And it looks great!!! Now I hope I don't mess it up when I try painting the counters. We'll see how it goes.

Looking into the kitchen






Looking out of the kitchen


Now, we are going to do the bathroom. The faucet is leaking and had to be replaced today, so I decided it will be next...

4 comments:

Theresa Rohrer said...

It looks sparkling clean!
Now all that's left is the small task of refilling the cupboards. :)
T

Dan and Christine Lawson said...

What a huge job! It ended up looking really nice in the end. I am sure you are so happy that the project is done and now you can enjoy it! It really turned out nice!

call*me*kate said...

You make a huge job look too easy! Your kitchen looks so bright and cheerful. Nicely done! Looking forward to seeing photos of the finished bathroom! My dh and sons saw a Navy ship on the Columbia yesterday, heading out to sea. I wonder if it was the same one you saw the other day. Back before 9/11, we used to get 3 or 4 Navy ships in port here around this time and we even got to tour a few of them. Not anymore, thanks to the war. Sigh. Enjoy your new kitchen - you've earned it!

God bless,
Kate

The Erickson Family said...

It looks great Carrie! Doesn't it feel great to freshen things up with paint?! We are painting fanatics! Can't wait to see what you do to the counters! I'm intrigued!