Sunday, June 3, 2007

Prayers and Picnics

It has been a crazy week around here! But we are done with school for the year, so we are all excited about that! With all the busy-ness, it was easy to be distracted about the fact that we hadn't heard from Andy and my parents for a while. Well, it got harder when my grandma called (again) to see if we are heard from them yet. It had been 8 days since we had heard and for a few days their phones went straight to voice mail. Although I kept a brave face, my mind was racing with all the horrible things that could have happened. So, I decided to just pray about it. I prayed about it all day on Thursday. After all, God is in control and I had to give it all to Him. Why is that so hard?

Then at 7:30 that evening, my sister calls and said my mom e-mailed us. So I ran down and checked my mail and sure enough there was an e-mail from my mom. They were at a museum in the Yukon that happened to have free internet access and computers for public use. They also just happened to have a movie that was not over until 8:30 so I could e-mail her back for a reply. Why am I still surprised when God answers prayers? Well I am just thankful that He is patient even when I am so slow to catch on. :o)

Today was our End-Of-the-Year Church picnic to celebrate the end of our "year" at church. We had a great time and the weather was perfect! (Another answer to prayer) Everyone had lots of fun! Now we go into summer mode at church. It will be nice to have a break and it makes it more fun when you start back up in the fall.

I wish I had pictures to share of all the festivities, but I was so busy having fun that I completely forgot to take any pictures. :o(

2 comments:

Paula Vince said...

I'm just the same as you. I can completely understand how that week-long gap of not hearing for them would've played on your mind. So relieved to hear about the answer to prayer that came in due time and glad it was before your summer picnic.
Have a relaxing summer break,
Paula

call*me*kate said...

So glad the picnic was a success! What exactly is "summer mode" at your church? Thank the Lord for answering your prayers like he did! Glad all is well with your son and his grandparents. When does he return?

Thanks for praying for Todd - I'll let you know what the test results are, if he doesn't mind.

I know what you mean about garage sales - you want to sell more than you buy at someone else's sale! Those 4 snowmen were calling my name - I HAD to buy them! Now I have to make sure I secure them down well against the wind or they'll be sailing up the street at Christmas! Have a terrific school-free week!

Blessings,
Kate