Saturday, July 7, 2007



We all had a case of "puppy love" at our house this week. But none so much as Zack. We were watching some friends' puppy for them this week while they were out of town. We all loved having Freya with us (well almost all of us). Betsy, our dog, did not like having a puppy around the house at all. She didn't even eat the first 2 days Freya was here. Most of the problem was caused by the fact that Freya LOVES Zack and Betsy is Zack's girl. The second problem was that Freya LOVED Betsy and Betsy didn't want to have anything to do with her.It was actually pretty funny to watch the two dogs sitting on the floor with Zack in between. When we would put Betsy on the deck for some "alone time", Freya would lay on the floor in front of the slider and cry. It was so cute and kind of sad. We all felt sorry for poor Freya. :o(








The rest of us, on the other hand, loved having her around. She was so cute! She got a lot of love and attention and new experiences while staying at the Leingang home. The first new experience would probably simply be the noise and having little boys around all day. But she adjusted immediately and would cry when they left the room (especially Zack). They went running through the sprinkler together. She even slept with Zack on the floor of the family room this morning.





This is a movie that Zack and Will made with Freya. It is called "Freya the Wonder Dog!"







She also got to experience her first 4th of July fireworks with the Leingang clan. She went to 2 new houses, met about 20 new people and one new dog in only one day. And she did great! She just went with the flow and was very well behaved. Fireworks didn't bother her a bit, except that they interfered with her trying to get some sleep. After all, she had a really big day! So we put her crate inside so she could get some shut-eye.




Freya at the picnic



Freya and Maggie relaxing




We also took her to the river for some swimming. She didn't really swim but she did bark at everyone who came to close to our spot on the beach. She is a pretty good guard dog.











They came and picked her up today and the boys and I were at a birthday party when she left.
They were pretty sad to see her go. I have a feeling we will be hearing about getting a puppy now for a while. Sorry Betsy!

2 comments:

Paula Vince said...

What a gorgeous dog! I can see why you're all sad to see her go and I can imagine she might be sad to leave you too.
I thought of my American friends on July 4th. Glad you had a good time. That "monkey party" for your gorgeous nephew looked like lots of fun. And it's good to see that your friends whose house burned down are coping as well as they are. What total devastation.
By the way, your boys did a great movie.
Blessings,
Paula

Paula Vince said...

Hi, it's me again. Just to let you know that like yourself, I've decided to start a blog on blogger.com. My son worked out how much easier it would be for my computer-challenged brain to post photos and other visuals. I've been longing to show friends some glimpses of Australia. I don't know what I'll do with my old blog yet but I'm really looking forward to visitors to my new one.
My new address is www.appleleafblog.blogspot.com
Catch up soon,
Paula