Saturday, September 22, 2007

Luke and Jeanette Got Married

Today we went up to Olympia for Luke and Jeanette's wedding. Chris and Luke were in seminary for a year together. It was a beautiful wedding! Luke's grandfather and father are both pastor's and had a role in the ceremony. Dave, Jeanette's brother, wrote a song especially for the wedding that was wonderful! I cried, but then I always cry at weddings.



They took pictures of each of the guests and had everyone sign a photo album slot as a guest book next to where their picture will be. They also had refreshments outside for guests to enjoy while waiting for the receiving line and the reception to get set up. Jeanette's dress was beautiful, too.



I wish I had gotten better pictures, but I was too busy visiting and having fun. But I did get some more good ideas for our next wedding. :o) (See our "thoughts to ponder" section)

God's richest blessings on you both as you begin the rest of your life together!



4 comments:

Kari, RN said...

I'm glad you got to be there! I moved in that day, and sure thought it would've been fun to get to the wedding, but there ended up being way too much to do. I'd love to visit you guys sometime soon, and would love to see your other wedding pictures, too!

See you sometime soon!

Paula Vince said...

Beautiful! I love their idea of the guest photos. I was going to comment that early spring is such a great time for a wedding, then remembered it'll be early autumn! That's a lovely season too.
Blessings,
Paula

call*me*kate said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding. I agree that after so many years, it would be fun to have another wedding. I've thought of renewing our vows at either 20 or 25 years but since 20 years is next year, I'd better start planning!

Have a terrific weekend!
Kate

The Erickson Family said...

What is Luke's last name? It would be fun to see any other photos you have.