Monday, September 10, 2007

School Days and Soccer

Well, we're off to a great start! Today was our first day back to school. It was also probably our best first day in a long time. Everybody got up ready to go and we were ready to start right at 9:00. I am so proud! Chris and Andy even made it out on their donut date and back before school started. Andy brought me a maple bar (my favorite) as a "first day of school gift" for the teacher. It was very sweet of him to think of me.

As I was getting lessons ready last night it hit me that we now have a 9th grader, a 7th grader and a 5th grader. What??? Where has the time gone? It seems like I was just teaching them the ABCs and learning the days of the week by singing the song from Barney. (Now Barney would be some sort of stunt dummy used in a movie that involved fireworks and dives off the garage roof. ) Today we learned about cellular biology and had a discussion of Shakespeare's quote "All the world's a stage..." and how it applies to the study of history and man's relationship to God, others and the environment. Oh, how times change. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.


Today was also the first day of our homeschool co-op's soccer league. I was a little nervous since our boys have never really played organized sports much, but thankfully neither had most of the kids that were there. Chris and the boys bought all their gear on Saturday and were all ready to go. They had fun, despite the heat, and said that the kids all seemed nice! I like that it is only two days a week and no one is on the sidelines screaming at their kids or the refs. :o)


2 comments:

Emily said...

It's good to hear that your life is as busy as mine! My grandma moved to Salem, OR. She was going to live in a assisted living place in Fargo, but backed out at the last minute (in June). When my uncle from Salem said there was a place open out there she jumped at the chance! It is so beautiful in Oregon and so much more to do! And the weather is so much nicer! Anywho...enjoy getting back into school, in your new spiffed up room! God bless!

Paula Vince said...

Hey, your curriculum sounds great. From cellular biology to "All the world's a stage." You're right, you've come way beyond ABC and 123. Thanks for your comment. I'm back blogging now. I guess you know what it's like to want a bit of a rest from eveything sometimes.
Blessings,
Paula