Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Gun Day

It wasn't really Gun Day yesterday, but it kind of felt like it. I don't think I have seen so many guns and weapons in one day in my whole life.

We decided to head north and do some of the things we have wanted to do for a while but never do. So after we dropped off the boys' friend Ian (he spent the night) we headed to Fort Lewis' Military museum. If we had known we would have to go through a security checkpoint three times, wait to get a visitor's pass and have a background check (it's amazing how fast those guys can run a check on you) we would have gotten there sooner. :o) But it was worth it. It was really fun to see and read about all the history of the fort and the military presence in the NW in the past 200 years or so.



Then we headed back south to Cabela's! It is the first one in the NW and only Chris had been to one before. It was so cool! We were there for hours just looking at everything! If you live close by and like the outdoors, you have to go! They have about every animal you can imagine stuffed and on display somewhere, a shooting gallery, an aquarium, a cafe, and everything you could ever want for having fun in the Great Outdoors.





Here are 3 Reasons I Like Cabela's by Will
1. the scenery (you will have to check out the pictures!)
2. they have lots of good stuff
3. they have exotic food for exotic people like me (he really didn't know what exotic meant and we didn't eat there, but he thought it was cool that they had Wild Boar and Ostrich on the menu)
It was a great day and we did it all with hardly spending a dime (except for supper)!

1 comment:

Kari, RN said...

Fort Lewis was only 8 miles down the road from me. I wish I would've gone to that museum when I was there! I love the pictures and it looks like Cabela's was pretty fun!