Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I can't believe it is 2008 already! Hope you all had as wonderful a year in 2007 as we did. Looking back at all that we did in 2007, we are truly blessed and thankful for all that the Lord has done for us and are confident that He will be with us in the new year as well.

We had lots of fun tonight bringing in 2008 with our church family. A family from our church invited us for supper this evening and we were treated to Mongolian grill. Greg has the entire thing set up on their back porch. It is incredible and WAY better than a restaurant! I ate so much there (2 plates full) I couldn't eat a thing the rest of the night. Thanks so much Greg and Carol, it was great!!!


Will and Geoffrey making their sauce



After supper we headed over to the church for our New Year's Eve party. I wish I had more pictures, but we were so busy having fun and playing games that I totally forgot to take any. :o( We had so much fun playing Catch Phrase and spoons, but I think we got a little rowdy for some of the other grown-ups in the room. :o)

Then we all went outside and set off fireworks!!! I LOVE fireworks and so did the kids. We did sparklers, Roman candles, mortars, and just a bunch of odds and ends, too.






When the fireworks were all done, we went back to the sanctuary to pray in the new year. It is so good to know that we know Who goes ahead of us and is capable of handling anything that will come our way in the future.

While most everyone else went home, the youth stayed for an overnight Lock-In. I just hope I can get up in the morning to get them.

1 comment:

call*me*kate said...

What a fun way to bring in the New Year! Yes, you DID have a good year - I know, 'cause I read all about it right here!

I have to say that our New Years' Eve was way more quiet than yours but Todd and I enjoyed some sparkling cider with Chad (he wanted to get up to see the new year in) and then (from our window) we watched our neighbor's fireworks light up the sky in the next block. We heard ships on the river blowing their horns, too.

I couldn't ask for a more thankful New Year's Eve. Thank you so much for praying for us! I nearly cried when I read your comment, that you had prayed for us at church and others had asked about us. We really appreciate your support. Todd is still doing o.k., he will take a long time to mend but we can handle it, together. Thank you again for your prayers and Happy New Year!

God bless,
Kate