Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bag Lady

I'm not sure I want that to also be the title of my newspaper obituary when I die, but it is potentially becoming a reality. I'm sure the boys feel the same way about hearing "what do you think about this fabric for a lining?" as I do about "don't you think that Link is the sweetest character on Brawl?". We all just smile and nod because we love each other a whole lot!

The boys love Super Smash Brothers and I love making bags! I made 5 bags just this week! (you can see better pictures of them at our Etsy store in the next few days) And the boys are coming up on almost 120 brawls in only 4 days!


The denim bag is made of the boys' old jeans and is embellished with flowers my sister made. I added extra pockets to the outside of the messenger bag and made a second messenger bag for a friend. (I don't have a picture of it, but she picked out great fabric with the perfect button and it turned out really cute!) I am currently working on the perfect way to attach the larger binky bag to a belt as a special order for a friend of mine who wants it to carry her phone and her keys. I have one sitting on my shelf waiting for inspiration, which may have come from the ladies at Family Nite tonight. Thanks guys!



It is so much fun! I spend all kinds of time thinking about ways to change a pattern or make it better. I ponder what styles look best in what fabrics. But it's not like it's become an obession or anything. Ok, maybe I've let dinner get a little too done because I was wondering what button would look best with chartreuse houndstooth. But it's not a problem (yet). :o)
These are the stacks of fabric I have compiled so far that will soon become my new "favorite one so far".

So many ideas, so little time...

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

You are just so creative! Wish you were nearer by...I need a card/scrapper buddy!

Kristina said...

I totally want one of your bags!! They are so cute! Do you ship overseas???