Saturday, May 24, 2008

Garage Sale Days

A few weeks ago I went on a MAJOR purge of our house. I decided it was time to get rid of stuff. Stuff seems to multiply around here like bunnies. So room by room, the stuff went into the garage until an entire half of the garage was piled high with stuff! It is amazing how good it feels to get rid of stuff you don't need!

Usually, the stuff just goes to Goodwill. But this was more than a couple of boxes or bags. A garage sale was in order. After all, we have been here almost 3 years now and historically we would have moved by now. This is the longest we've been in one house!

I picked a date, put an ad in the paper, put up the signs with Chris' help , put out the stuff (it filled the tops and bottoms of 7 tables and two clothes racks) and sold.

Despite the horrible weather (we crammed everything into the garage to keep it dry) we did a steady business on Friday from 8am to 5pm. It was great! Saturday had much better weather, but not as much traffic. But all in all, we did very well. Thanks guys for all the help and being willing to part with some of our stuff. I really appreciate it!

When it was all said and done, everything we had left fit into the back of the van and went to Goodwill. Well, all except the couches...

all that was left

4 comments:

Theresa Rohrer said...

Great Jimmy Crickets! You had a lot left over. Well, I'm glad you sale was such a success.
T

call*me*kate said...

I'm so glad your sale was a success. All that hard work paid off. It always feels good to get rid of stuff. Nicely done!

Have a great week!
Kate

Anonymous said...

With all the pregnancy cleaning I've been doing, I've made quite a pile of garage sale items, but don't think I'll get to having a sale anytime soon! Congrats on your sale! It is always fun to clear out and get a little money for it too! Have you tried the detergent yet? Let me know when you do! God bless! -emily d.

Paula Vince said...

Nothing beats getting clearing your home and earning a bit of money at the same time.
Blessings,
Paula