Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Out Of Room

I can tell gardening has become a hobby because there is always one fun thing for me to buy or make. :o) The boys and I took another trip to Farmer's Market and met Susie and JD there, too. While there were fewer vendors and shoppers there today, I still found a few more little things to fill in the last of the empty spaces. Onions, some gorgeous lettuce, acorn squash and some snow peas for Chris.






Now that it's all in and God's given it a nice watering, I think it's finally done. I just added some signs for a finishing touch (and so I don't forget what everything is).






Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime; it is the LORD who makes the storm clouds. He gives showers of rain to men, and plants of the field to everyone. Zechariah 10:1

4 comments:

Leanne said...

The garden is looking great...

Did you plant cucumbers??

I was just dreaming about planting cucumbers last night...yum!!! Home canned pickles!

Blessings on keeping away the critters!

call*me*kate said...

Good for you to get your planting in! Yes, it poured tremendously this morning but cleared up by dinner and we had sun/clouds until dark (it's just about dark right now, in fact). I love these longer days. We planted tomatoes, green pepper and strawberries in containers on the patio. The rest of the garden has yet to be started - we are always a little late. Which farmer's market do you go to? Anyway, I was thinking today how we didn't need to water anything - God did it for us. How nice of Him!

Take care,
Kate (aka Metalmouth)

McNew Family said...

YEAH! It looks GREAT! I thought you said you had never done anything like this before - it looks like you are a pro! I love the pavers - looks nice and you will really like them as the garden fills in!

Theresa Rohrer said...

Looks great Carrie! I know exactly what you mean about finding all the cool things at the farmers market. It seems there's always room for one more plant, until they all grow up. I can't wait to see how it looks in another month!
I love the signs you guys made,
T