Monday, May 18, 2009

Planting Seeds

We had to take advantage of the last sunny day to plant seeds in our garden so God could water them tomorrow. Andy, Will and I worked hard and got in the sweet corn, peas, pole beans, carrots, zuchinni, summer squash, cucumbers and prepped the row for green onions.

planting corn





planting peas



We also built little teepees for out pole beans and a trellis for our peas. Andy cut stakes from the junk pile to mark our rows of veggies on the mitre saw, too. As an added wildlife deterrent, we posted Zack's roadrunner from Dangerous Class for Boys. It didn't seem like a "dangerous" project at the time, but it is if you're trying to steal from our garden.



I love our little trellises


Flagstone, also from our junk pile, finally found a use. Now we have a lovely, although slightly uneven, path through our garden. Falynne said she liked our "decorations", too! (she was talking about all our scary pest deterrents)



This afternoon Megan came back with a couple more additions to my kitchen herb garden. I now have cilantro, chives, mint and orange mint right outside my laundry room door. Soon we will also have parsley and basil. The back patio now has a fresh minty smell that I love, but supposedly deer don't. Yay! I guess it's that whole clean smell thing that they don't like.



I can't wait until the whole garden is full of green!!!

1 comment:

Theresa Rohrer said...

It looks great Carrie!
T