Thursday, July 30, 2009

On The Waterfront

Yesterday we went up to Seattle for a family meeting and decided to spend a bit of time at the waterfront first. Not only is it a fun place to visit, but it was about 20 degrees cooler there. That was a great bonus on a day when Seattle broke an all-time heat record with a daytime high of 102!

Seattle waterfront 01 checking out the map

Seattle waterfront 02

this fountain looked so inviting on a hot day

Seattle waterfront 03

but we decided to just take a picture instead

Seattle waterfront 04

and throw some pennies in it

We also wandered through some of the great shops and bought some Christmas presents!

Seattle waterfront 05 I loved this shop and could have spent TONS of money there!

Seattle waterfront 06

the boys liked this warning at Ye Old Curiosity Shoppe

Seattle waterfront 07

they also had Jake the Alligator Man’s cousin Larry there

Just before we left we watched the show the Coast Guard fireboats were putting on from the pier. We were also able to see the Navy ships coming in for SeaFair this weekend.

Seattle waterfront 08Seattle waterfront 09Seattle waterfront 10Seattle waterfront 12  Seattle waterfront 11Seattle waterfront 13

there were helicopters, too

Seattle waterfront 14

It was a very nice day and it was wonderful to finally see family and give them their Christmas gifts. It was Christmas in July. But better late than never, right? :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you were up in the city on Wed. I just saw that temp for your neck of the woods and thought, you must be miserable! I took a really cool photo years ago of that fountain. I remembered where I placed the cool photo of the "Blues" so I'm going to scan it and put it up on the blog. We are hoping to take the children somewhere near the lake this weekend so they can experience the "Blues". You guys have just been all over this state this past week!!!

Leanne said...

I do like cities set close to the water....after all, I come from a city that was three miles away from the beach. I feel at home and calmed by the water. What a treat for you all to get to go to Seattle!

I like your new blog template, it reminds me of CA and being on the beach...ahhhh!

I think you guys brought back that cooler weather from Seattle with you! Are you guys enjoying the cooler weather? We've had enough extreme heat to last us a lifetime!

Glad to see that Andy's okay from his brush with dehydration....you're sure more adventurous than I am, going all the way to Creation. I never would have pegged your family as moshers!

Take Care!