Saturday, December 26, 2009

We Celebrate the Day

Christmas this year was a wonderful celebration of Christ’s birth! We pray that we would celebrate it every day in our hearts and in our lives!

christmas day 01

Again, I didn’t take hardly any pictures. Still too busy having fun!!!

Since we all had a late night, and no one is 5 anymore, we started out Christmas Day by sleeping in a bit! We made some hot cocoa and cracked open our stockings first.

christmas day 02christmas day 03Zack took video footage of his stocking

christmas day 04  

christmas day 05

no time like the present to try out Will’s new flint (or better place for that matter) LOL

This Christmas it was pretty hard to pick our favorite gifts. There were so many great ones! The boys were excited about their BB pistols and took them out right away to shoot up my broccoli in the garden… :o)

christmas day 06 now Will can go treasure hunting with his new metal detector

christmas day 07

Chris can now “feel human again” (according to the box)

christmas day 08

Zack can now take 300 minutes of video and…

christmas day 09

listen to music in peace

christmas day 10

this is as close to a white Christmas as we got this year

christmas day 11

Andy has to see which drumsticks he likes best

christmas day 12

Betsy loves her new toy (thanks Ella)

christmas day 13 

christmas day 14

With all the delicious leftovers from Christmas Eve, we enjoyed a really yummy breakfast with no work!!!

Then after a relaxing morning and early afternoon, we headed south to Portland for Christmas Dinner at Grandpa and Grandma’s. We made a stop on the way to check out the new shelter at the creek and to show off the new guns to Grandpa.

  christmas day 15 christmas day 16the shelter is ready for the fireplace

christmas day 18

nobody would stand next to it for a picture this time… :o)

christmas day 17

christmas day 19christmas day 20the creek isn’t as clear since the cement truck lost it’s brakes on the hill and fell into Deep Creek

Mom hosted Christmas dinner yet again this year. Frank, Amy, Ada,  Theresa, Grandma Ide, Aunt Kackie, Dennis, Nancy and Bethany were all there to help us celebrate.

christmas day 21 

christmas day 22 I love these pictures of Ada

Grandma Ide gave me two blasts from the past this year. One was a bird Christmas tree ornament I made in the first grade. The other was a stack of retro Christmas cards. I put the cards out as soon as I got home! I can’t wait to think of something fun to do with the rest that she’s giving me!!! Thanks Grandma!

christmas day 27christmas day 28christmas day 29christmas day 30christmas day 31 christmas day 32

No staying up late last night. We went in the hot tub, the boys messed around a bit with their new stuff, we set up our new airbed by the Christmas tree (in 3 and a half minutes). And then I crashed for the night right there in front of the Christmas tree for our annual Christmas tree sleep-over!

christmas day 26christmas day 23christmas day 24christmas day 25 testing the bed to see if it’s ok

Yup! It’s good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fine full day! 5 out of 7 of us have a really bad cold, which sort of took some of the enjoyment away - we still went to church on Christmas Eve though - I have been waiting all year for that night- last year it was too snowy to go out, I knew I was going to bring my camera (I'd never done that before), since I had larygitis and couldn't sing, it worked great and I did get some great shots, I'll post later. Only the 2 healthy ones have gone off to church this AM though.

Brian said...

How do I become a friendly website on your resource page?

Hot Tubs and Spas

Click to Get The Deals

Thanks,
Brian Fitzgerald
http://www.spabazaar.com

Leanne said...

I sooo enjoy your posts. Your home is so cozy and homey and the feel I get when I read your posts makes me happy!!

Glad your Christmas was so wonderful!

(((hugs)))