Monday, May 10, 2010

Birthday & Sister Day

May’s Sister Day was extra special because it was also my birthday!!!

Before we headed for Portland, Chris gave me my birthday present… solar lights for the yard! I can’t wait for some sunny weather so I can decide where I want them to go!!!

my bday 01 my bday 02 the best part is, they won’t use any electricity!!!

Right after we picked Maggie up from school, all us girls (me, my mom, Amy, Maggie, Stella, Theresa, Amy & Ada) headed to Portland for lunch at Nicholas. The food was amazing!!! The giant fresh-from-the-oven pitas were incredible! Amy and I shared two Mezza platters with humus, falafel balls, tabouli salad, fresh pita bread, kafta & lamb kabab skewers, spinach pie, and manakish. Then to drink I had peach juice (Fresh juiced peach, blended with freshly squeezed lemons, cream, a touch of rose water and a drop of almond syrup).

my bday 03

After lunch, Mom took the little girls home and us big girls went shopping…

First we went to SCRAP. It’s kind of like a Goodwill Outlet for used craft supplies. I got all kinds of cool stuff there that I can’t wait to start making things with!

Then we went to Knittin’ Kitten, a craft supply thrift store. They had all kinds of cool vintage stuff that I just couldn’t resist!

my bday 12 I just had to have these juice glasses!

my bday 13

and this sternwheeler glass

And because we were too full for dessert after lunch, Theresa took us to St. Cupcake. There were so many delicious cupcakes that it was really hard to choose! So I got 3… LOL

my bday 05chocolate mint, red velvet, and pink vanilla 

Just before we headed home, we had supper with Dad and Mom, blew out my birthday candles, opened a couple more presents and got to see some of my dad’s newest treasures, too…

my bday 06my bday 07Charlie helped me blow out my candles

my bday 11  

me, the boys and my garden gifts

my bday 10

Dad’s new sedan

my bday 08 

my bday 09

the most beautiful popcorn machine I have ever seen! And it all works, too!!!

No comments: